<VV> Radio Question

Rick Beets rickbeets at qwest.net
Mon Jan 9 19:15:22 EST 2006

Not always,  if the voice coil has seized to the pole piece, then no sound.
To check the speaker, take an ohm meter and put the leads across the
disconected speaker wires to see if you have any resistance (should be
around 10 ohms or so - not shorted or open)  if this checks OK, remove the
speaker and gently push on the cone, it should move with some resistance but
not scrape or drag.  If these checks are OK then radiocould have gone bad
(or a bad speaker could have taken out your radio, rare but it has
happened).

Happy Trails!
Rick Beets

63 Spyder Ragtop