<VV>Tires

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Jan 9 22:21:39 EST 2006

Just so happens I have a pair of Michelin X radials in the 7.35-13
size that were first tires on my Corsa in 1965.  I diched the 2-ply
Firestones before I put the car on the street.  When I lived in Maine
in 1970's, I had them recapped to Bandag snow treads.  I still use
one as a spare in the same Corsa.  It has a stiffer sidewall and
holds air better than modern tires.  The 7.35-13 size tire was
standard on the Mercedes' of that era.
Jim Davis
(a parsimonious Corvair owner)