<VV> Oil pressure sending unit

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 12:00:16 EST 2006

Many S-W gauges run in the 40 to 270 ohm range.  NAPA lists a sending unit in
that range with a 1/8" pipe threat fitting.  It's OP 6657.  If you can put
your hands on a variable resistor or selection of resistors, hook up the gauge
and select a resistance where the gauge indicates "zero" and then select
another resistance where the gauge reads at maximum.  Record the resistances and
take them to NAPA to match up a sender. (NAPA's catalog has the values.)

The values for an OP6657 are:
0-3 PSI = 227-257 ohms
3-7 PSI = 146-219 ohms
40 PSI = 83-123 ohms
80 PSI = 22-51 ohms

Craig Nicol

<snip>Hey All;

   I have a Stewart Warner 0-80psi oil pressure gauge that was purchased off
of eBay for my Corvair engine. Would anyone happen to know what sending unit
I should get to get this gauge to work (or have any idea where I can get
this info)? Thanks.

GaryB in Prosser, Wa. <unsnip>