<VV> Dyeing seats

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jan 13 22:28:10 EST 2006

I have used various spray dyes that I purchased at autobody supply
store. I say they were good results, and so did my customers. It  is not
perfect, but is good for the price. I have dyed white seat parts to
match new white parts from the vendors, like new seat bottom and reuse
seat back. Dying to black should be the easiest. I have no brands to
recomend as this was 80's and 90's technology. I did use both aerosol
and paint gun applied dyes. Both worked. Cleaning the vinyl is most
important. Go Jo and lots of water to rinse is a good start. Then
typically lacquer thinner to prep the vinyl, but check what the dye
wants! Read directions, do not use heavy coats, just lots of thin ones.

Frank DuVal