<VV> 95 or 110 heads ?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 12:38:57 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/14/2006 8:16:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
KELLYJRE at aol.com writes:

I'm  building a late model motor,just a nice cruiser, hope to put a.c. on it
some day. Looking for something I can run regular fuel in, without spark
knock.
It will be using the 891 cam,hei ignition, 3.27 gear and a 4spd.  Which heads
would be best for this combo, 110's (which I already have)  with the
compression lowered ( spacers under the cylinders) or 95 heads ?  I am
looking to do this
on the cheap, without extensive machine work, etc.

Ed,
Assuming that you achieve the same CR with both sets of heads, it probably
isn't going to make much difference which you use. The advantage of the 95
heads  is a low CR and "some" squish. the 110 heads are higher CR for better
performance, but by lowering the compression as you have done, they start to
respond like the 95 heads (and lose squish). So botton line..the way you have
described it, both heads will act about the same.
Regards,
Bob Helt