<VV> Buyer backed out of my sale

Joel S. Garblik jgarblik at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 12:59:26 EST 2006

Hi Folks,
I thought I had successfully sold my 1963 Spyder on Ebay, and the highest
bidder backed out.   Although he fell short of the reserve, we contacted him
and struck a verbal deal of $4700. Perhaps, just as well, since my off-line
discussions with him revealed that he had never owned a Corvair and he
really wasn¹t familiar with them.
Anyway, as previously explained  on this forum, I¹ve owned this car for 8
years and had bought it from another member of VV.  I¹ve put a lot of money
into it with upgrades and modifications, and I¹m realistic that I will never
get everything invested back.  I¹ve thoroughly enjoyed it, but I¹m retiring
from the hobby and would like it to go to another Corvair fan who will
continue to treat it well.  I¹ve made many cyber friends on the forum, and
would like the car to stay ³in the family,² so to speak.
I don¹t want to clog up the bandwidth with a personal ad, please feel free
to email me privately.  I have many high resolution pictures, AVI files,
receipts, etc.  You may still be able to see it on Ebay ­ item 4602342167.
Regards,
Joel