<VV> Common VV acronyms........little Corvair

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 13:19:35 EST 2006

Since I have been on VV, I have seen many acronyms used and recorded
quite a few.

Here is collection of those that I have recorded, just in case anyone
needs to decipher a post...

VV = Virtual vairs (email group for Corvair topic's only)

FV = Fastvair (Yahoo group dedicated to speed, handling, & performance)

VV talk = overflow group for non-Corvair related banter by Corvair
people

DAMHIK = Don't Ask Me How I Know (generally relating knowledge of a bad
experience)

FWIW = For what it's worth

ROFL = "Rolling on floor laughing" posted as a comment after something
funny

ROFLMAO = Rolling on floor laughing my ass off

RTFL = Read the factory manual or Read the F**king manual if being rude

PO = "Previous owner" referencing the previous owners of you car

EM = Early Model 60-64 cars & wagons

LM = Late Model 65-69 cars

FC = Forward control Vans & trucks

IMHO = In my honest (or humble) opinion

<SNIP> = trimming irrelevant parts of post as well as footers to save
bandwidth

VBG = Very Big grin (posted after statement meant to be funny)

<GGG> = posted after statement meant to be funny or to imply humor

HTH = Happy to help

AFIK = as far as I know

AFIR = same but "recall"

BTW = by the way

PG = powerglide/automatic trans

FLAPS = Friendly local auto parts store (Big name chains.Napa, Autozone,
Pepboys, Advance, etc.)

PITA = Pain in the a$$

FUBAR = F**ked up beyond all recognition

POS = Piece of $hit

CRS = Can't remember $hit

TROLL = Someone who posts messages designed to stir up problems

LURKER = Someone who belongs to the list but only reads and does not
post

BFH = Big f**king hammer

BTDT = Been there done that

Caveman = Owner of 60 models

Cavecar or cavemobile = 1960 Corvairs

ULTRA = Cheap, used, but completely serviceable parts as opposed to new
or NOS

EUM = Eastcoast Ultra Monza (Hank K's budget build)

WUM = Westcoast Ultra Monza (Matt Nall budget build)

WBRT (Where's the Beef Racing Team)

TLH (The Lone Hauranger) = Rick Norris

The Chuckster = Chuck Armer

The Carbmeister = Grant Young

lclc = lower case larry claypool (Vairshop owner/operator)

Rick Loving