<VV> hosed

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jan 16 08:52:52 EST 2006

>2) Pull the starter and find that arm extension I have
>ratholed somewhere so I can work from the wrong side,
>also blindly.
>5) Yank the rear tire and work blind from the wrong
>side of the fan.

On my 66 PG, I was replacing the starter at the same time so use a
combination of 2 and 5. Dunno about "wrong" side of fan worked from starter
side. Had head wrapped around brake and could just reach in far enough
(32-33 sleeve & can span an octave) to position hose on inlet, get clamp in
place,  and put socket on the hose clamp to tighten. Holding in place until
clamp was tight enough to grip was a bear. Definately want to use new and
freely moving SS hose clamp. Was not something I would want to do again.

Did try from both sides and bottom and that was only way I could reach with
drivetrain in place.

If I ever drop the engine I will probably try to pull hose through shroud
and leave in place. Have one of the rubber "lasts longer" from Clark's so
should not need to replace again. Believe it or not there are times (like
now) when being able to make the cabin "less cold" is nice.

Padgett