<VV> still hosed, for the moment

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 12:51:36 EST 2006

Hey JR,

It is hard to WRENCH a clamp you can't see. When I
start to get close, I have a mouthful of stray
transmission fluid.
Tried your idea for about 1/2 hour yesterday, snaking
my arm around the axle, sway bar, vent and dipstick
tubes and whatever other spooky things are in there. I
think there are a few loose Lord of the Rings bad guys
too. Never did get the socket on the clamp as I
haven't gotten the car up high enough to work on my
elbow or low enough to twist my back for the extra
reach and still get my fat ass under the car.  I know
there's a magic heighth there somewhere.
For once I envy the guys with skinny arms and bony
chests who can put a hand closer to the subject.