<VV> still hosed, for the moment

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jan 16 14:53:54 EST 2006

>Never did get the socket on the clamp as I
>haven't gotten the car up high enough to work on my
>elbow or low enough to twist my back for the extra
>reach and still get my fat ass under the car.

AFAIR I had to get my head behind the brake drum (no gratuitous jokes
please my hat size is 7 3/8) and arm was through space starter usually
occupies (was replacing) to be able to just reach. this means the
jackstands & piece of 2x4 at the jacking pad  behind the door were on the
third or fourth click up. Was using a 1/4 inch straight head socket wrench
and a short socket. Clamp head was on my side of the hose and facing down.
Hard part was keeping clamp from slipping up until was tight enough to hold
itself in place.

Did need to clean the heater duct surface of old rotted hose which was not
fun, liquid soap was used so new hose would slip in place easily, & clamp
was new and exercised until would screw easily. Still took the better part
of an hour until satisfied.

Padgett