<VV> RE:Cold Carbs

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 18 18:36:16 EST 2006

Since I work with high school kids I no longer use big words, so I'll just
referto this as the problem of starting in very cold weather, and opine as
to whether it is a carb problem. The absence of a squirt from the
accelerator pump only means (without further exam) that there is no fuel in
the pump cavity, or that the squirter holes are frozen shut. I have also
seen perfectly good fuel pressure regulators fail instantaneously. My money
is on a blocked frozen fuel line at one of the many severe angles in it.
Our carbs just don't seem to get the respect they deserve...after all,
carbs are people too, unless they are in NO and then they are just like a
bar of chocolate.