<VV> Spark Plugs...

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Jan 19 11:42:34 EST 2006

Close.  The 44FFS are extended reach.  The plugs have a barrel length
0.25 longer than the 44FF; that extension is unthreaded but a reduced
diameter so carboning does not interfere with removal.  The porcelain
electrode insulator is also expended out of the barrel.  The idea is
to run the plug tip hotter an prevent fowling and improve cold
weather start and warm-up. Since the ground electrode runs at the
same temp as the 44FF, there is no more chance of preignition than
with the 44FF.  Piston crown clearance can be a problem with pop-up
pistons (as in the A.I.R. 110 engines).  I will send you pictures if you wish.
Jim Davis