<VV> oil suggestions for my corvair

mmcguire at hiwaay.net mmcguire at hiwaay.net
Thu Jan 19 21:37:59 EST 2006

Good evening,

I think oil discussions can be fun somethings.  I was reading a suggestion in
popular mechanics suggesting that some additives have been removed for
catalitic convert reasons which benefit cars which are used less.  So, they
were saying the diesel rated oils would be supperior for this purpose.  I've
read a bunch and it looks like Chevron's Delo 15W40 ro even 10W30 would fit the
bill perfectly.  The 15W40 is easy to get at walmart and cheap!

Not to mention- it must beat what was put in my car from the factory!!

Michael