<VV> Corvair Dreaming...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 10:38:39 EST 2006

I had to share this with you all.  the details are a
bit hazy but I'll remember what I can.

  I was on a trip with some sort of class, and we went
on a field trip to a HUGE junkyard that had boats and
airplanes and cars and like...EVERYTHING...  For some
reason, I had my Corvair with me.

  It was cool. For some reason while I was there, I
was looking for a piston for something...and I was
looking for it in a boat engine.  I don't know if I
ever did find it.

  Anyway...  We walked around and my friends and I
talked about cool things we could do with the
junk...and the day was pretty much done.  Some guy was
telling us about my they write down the ammount of
fuel in the wings of planes (for some reason we were
flying, I think) so that we had some sigfnificant
thing to learn from it about...mileage or something...

   So...I was walking about to leave, and one of the
cooler tour guys that worked there comes up to me and
says....Yeah, I finished getting parts on your
Corvair, and got it running!

   So we walk out back...and theres this GIANT like 2
or three inch deep puddle where employees are parked
next to this Morton building...and there's my car.  I
asked him if it runs, and he was like, yea, we had in
going once now...and he starts it in one flick of the
wrist...

   He goies on to tell me.....yeah, I had some nice
lower shrouds and a c ouple of other things...I put in
a new battery and replaced a couple of the old pieces
you had for some nicer ones we had laying around...

And as he's telling me this...the car is just idling
nicely.

As I go to leave in my awesome car....  I wake up.
Boy was THAT a killjoy.

Hope you enjoyed it,
Ryan V.

1965 Corsa/110/4