<VV> Well...todays work...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 22:04:29 EST 2006

  You;re right Mike, I *am* getting loopey.  Hell, it
*is* 12 degrees outside...but I've been working on my
car since 3 today.

  I got my big package of Clarks parts today....too
many odds and end to list.  But the kist of todays
work is this-

1. Clutch.  I re-attacthed the Z-bar (or whatever it's
called.)  and attached the brand new clutch cable.
after some tests, I have 'er  adjusted pretty nicely.
I think it's awesome how light Vair clutches are.  I'm
used to a heavy duty truck clutch in a 49 Chevy.  I
was really happy about that working.

2. U-joint attaching strap bolts.  Changed them one by
one.  This job was a PITA, but I got it done alright.
now I have a broken off head from an old bolt to get
out of one of the holes.  Ugh.

3.  Strut rod bracket to diff bolts.  This was hard.
The brackets are/were bent, so I had to get the jack
on them to get them to bend up far enough.  This job
has proved to also be a PITA, and I have one bolt hole
that just will not line up.  I have to figure this out
still.

4.  I got most of the shroud bolts in today.

5. Carbs-  I had to cut the little notches in the
gaskets for under the carbs.  I put a cardboard( or
whatever they're made of) spacer above and below the
bakelite (or whatever it is haha) spacer, and
attatched the new nuts. looks good.

6. cleaned up the sending unit for the gas tank, and
put on the new ring gasket, and retaining ring.

couple other odds n ends but...yeah.

So at this point, I need the front shroud, a harmonic
balancer, a battery (for now I can use what I've got),
and to hook the gas tank back up.  and then I have an
engine that will hopefully run.  Then it's other stuff
like exhaust...

and of course....Brakes...  I still have to order the
HUGE brake kit from Lon.  I'm out of money, and things
for cores right now, so I'm gonna need to hustle up
some dough.

ugh.  my body hates me.  we turned on the vent that
goes from the kitchen to the garage to warm it up a
bit (Oh yeah, we put my car in the garage for this
ordeal.)  and the inside actually got up to 45
degrees.  the walls aren't insulated, and we have a
thin garage door.

Woo...

Ryan V.

1965 Corsa/110/4