<VV> Buick 215 troubleshooting question (No Corvair)

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 21 00:25:31 EST 2006

Bill, my guess is a bad vacuum line. If the car has sat all that time, the
rubber has probably deteriorated and cracked. Finding it may be time
consuming. Were I you I'd replace them all. Old vacuum lines can be a PITA
and leaky ones can produce just exactly the symptoms you describe. The
vacuum leak is much more noticeable at light throttle (high manifold vacuum)
than it is when you are accelerating or running at higher speed (lower
manifold vacuum). HTH.
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
66 140/4 Monza Sedan