<VV> Re2: Re: Corvair running on E-85 - Y Knot E100?

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 21 10:36:56 EST 2006

No, that's not true.  When ethanol is sold without a liquor
tax (for non-drinking purposes), they "denature" it with a
small amount of methanol which is poisonous.  If that was
all they were doing, they would use methanol as usual. The
15% gasoline is chiefly so the cars start in cold weather.
Without it, it's very tough to get an ethanol car started cold.

Jim Burkhard