<VV> Re: Headlights

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 14:45:12 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/21/2006 8:19:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JVHRoberts at aol.com writes:

I can  tell you, from a number of authorities, the Sylvania HID sealed beam
conversions are a TOTAL waste of time and money. They positively stink.

I have heard this before and Sylvania discontinued them. But  at SEMA/AAW
this year the folks at Sylvania told me they were working on a  new one with real
optics. Could the one referenced at the web site be a new  model - or from
somebody else? Also, although the old Sylvania kit  was expensive, it wasn't
nearly $1100.  I need to add, I love the HID  lights in my Corvette. I realize
that they are designed to work in this  application -  and the Sylvanias were
not. But I have to say, I will never  buy another car with out them, if they are
available.  As the Baby boomer  group ages, (I am in the leading edge - 58
years old) night driving will almost  require better lighting. - I am on the
lookout for the best (mostly  legal) lighting for any street Corvair I build.
I've been to Stern's  site many times. If I was buying right now, I'd go with the
E-code lights. -  Seth Emerson