<VV> Happy Redundance (more work.)

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 20:27:03 EST 2006

Well, today was my third day for having my car in the
garage.  I've been in there all day.  I don't even
know if I can remember all of the odds and ends.  I
changed out the old black cruddy diff/trans lube and
added in new Valvoline High perf stuff.  one thing i
learned doing that-the back-up switch hole works as a
drain...but what works even better (and if you are
careful as I was...but probably really stupid)  I just
took out the big plug/bolt for the shift detend where
the bottom spring and ball is.  it worked well, and
gave me a chance to figure out what it was.

I took out the distributor today for priming, and
added 1 quart of Trans fluid, and 4 quarts of cheap
5W30, and I primed up the engine as best I could
before the electric screwdriver I was using said "No".
and stopped.  I actually did some cheap blacksmithing
work for the rod to turn the pump.  I cutt off about a
foot and a half's worth of clutch rod (from an old
broken rusty clutch cable/rod I had layin around)  and
I heated up the end, and pounded it flat.  worked very
well.

I lost the bolt for the oil filter too, so before I
could do any of that, I spent a long time cleaning and
trying to find one.  and I finally did...I was like
"WOOHOO' when I found it, and my dad yells through the
"heat vent"  "You must have found it"  haha.

I did some inventive shroud rubber making today.  used
an old inner-tube we had layin around, and cut it into
two 3 1/2" strips.

everything seems to be going okay still, so I'm
hopeful that the car will be running not too long
after the HB is installed.

I've been doing a lot of little stuff too...installing
a fuel filter before the fuel pump, and the part on
the left had side carb the lets the cross shaft have
play in it, I noticed my dads car had some PVC there
to stop the slop, so I got some big fuel hose that I
had, and cut a pice, then cut a notch where the flat
part is under the middle of the shaft, cut it long
ways...and put it on.  works well.

There are so many odds and ends to have to remember,
it's nuts.  But I'm very hopeful.

Later dudes,
Ryan V.

1965 Corsa/110/4