<VV> Bright Headlights - Color rendering and wiring for e-codes

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 23 16:52:45 EST 2006

Regarding oncoming bright light..

1.  I sometimes am not sure (nowadays) if the oncoming car has his brights
on or not.  I don't want to "flash" him and have him send me back an even
stronger beam.

2.  Even though the beam may be sharply "cut off" as has been expressed
here, if the road is bumpy or the oncoming car is crossing the RR tracks or
for whatever reason, that "cut off" can bounce in and out of your eyes -
creating a VERY annoying flickering effect which leaves a brief moment of
reduced vision between each bright flicker.

3.  When making a left at an intersection while driving a lower slung
vehicle such as a CORVAIR, you must pass through each of the beams of the
car in the cross traffic to the left.  It becomes difficult to see what is
around the corner (past his left headlight) -such as a possible pedestrian
in the roadway.

I'd say, those are my three biggest complaints on the brighter lights we see
on today's cars.  The blue is a bit annoying as well, but not something I
feel is particularly dangerous.  Others will certaintanly have other
opinions - after all, this IS VV.

Later, JR