<VV> headlight bits and pieces

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 18:37:39 EST 2006

a)  I like the Meguiar's #17 Cleaner & #10 Polish (maybe I have the
numbers backwards) for cleaning the plastic lenses -- works good on
plastic side curtains and rear convertible windows too, either by hand
or power

b)  Some (not all) folks have a real problem with the scatter of the
short wave length blue lights -- meaning oncoming traffic -- it like
blinds them even on low beam, and there is also some question about the
scatter shortening the visible distance -- there is a website with info
on this out there "somewhere"

c)  melted connectors can frequently be traced back to high resistance
at the contacts, caused by corrosion -- remember the back of the
headlight is generally in an open environment -- solder the wires and
coat the contacts

that's all folks,

Bill Strickland