<VV> Headlights

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 18:48:52 EST 2006

Incorrect. I have 100/145s on my Fiero GT and my wife's Forester. They are
aimed properly. They are NOT a problem to other drivers whatsoever. The Fiero
is  using Cibie E codes, and have a better beam pattern than the Forester. They
both  use H4 bulbs.
The three things that are unacceptable:
1. LOUSY optics. This means most DOT headlights. However, if they are using
Euro bulbs, they are several notches up, since this is a sign they usually
also  have E code certification.
2. Bad aiming. Nothing is more annoying than headlights that aren't aimed
properly. Well, maybe a sharp stick in the eye.
3. Installing HID or other bulbs not specifically designed for the  headlamp.
FAR more often than not, the optics are incompatible.

But powering up the headlights PROPERLY is not a bad thing.

In a message dated 1/23/2006 6:16:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

>I'm  running 100/130's on my daily driver

Just for S&G most state laws  follow FMVSS 108 which seems to say that 55w
low beams are the legal  maximum. While 100W low beams may be nice for you,
they are not for other  motorists particularly when cataracts start to form.

Padgett