<VV> Carpet Paint

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 19:00:52 EST 2006

I used to work many years ago at an auto detailing shop and we used to  paint
all black carpets with lacquer. Regular lacquer doesn't get gummy in the
carpets. Vacume them first, spray them, wait a while and vacume them again. They
look like new if they are just faded.

I thought I would try this on my '65 w/ turquoise interior. I got a pint of
lacquer from a local auto paint shop matched to the turquoise interior color.
Sprayed them out of the car and not too heavily..... it worked great. The
carpets look like new and are original.

I have done this many times w/ the same results, mostly with cars from the
60's so I can't say what it would do to a newer carpet. I thought this tip
might  be useful to put in your bag of tricks.

Dave Fierek
65,65,66 Corsas