<VV> Lakewood Backup Lights

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jan 24 23:03:27 EST 2006

If the original standard was a three speed, there is a connector in the
middle of the tunnel where the old back up light switch was installed.
Look for a two socket connector laying in the tunnel pan. Run both of
these wires to the switch now located on the powerglide shift lever. You
can use a chunk of wiring harness out of any powerglide car to connect
to this switch (after lengthining leads), or just use 1/4" quick
disconnect style terminals and some tape.

If 4-speed, then the wires are still halfway down the tunnel pan unless
they left the 4-speed switch harness connected and dangling near the
transmission!

Frank DuVal