<VV> Rew: Again-Padgett

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 23:15:06 EST 2006

This is true.  my dad pointed that out to me after and
it was sort of a "duh"

 I do not have a radio hooked up yet.(just sitting in
the dash wating for a spanky new wiring harness and
some speakers....)  I also unhooked the coil so I
wasn't putting craploads of energy into it without it
doing anything.

:-)
Ryan

At 04:45 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:
>-The horn just makes some buzzy noises loudly

That is because you just have a 4 amp charger. Use a
good battery to
bear
them sound. Was probably dragging that 4 a charger
down to about 6
volts.

>-The wipers work (REALLY slowly.)  and I can hear the
>squirter was sucking when I hit the button.

Again, the 4 amp charger is just not enough.

BTW it is not a good idea to put any charger on a car
without a battery
particularly if there is a modern radio hidden
somewhere, the signal is
more of a half wave with trash than DC, it just
averages 12-15v under
load.
Takes a really big capacitance (like a battery) to
filter.

Padgett