<VV> Chuck Kubin - illegal lights in Corvairs

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 11:16:35 EST 2006

>I never saw anybody have any troubles with getting a car inspected
>here because it had better lights than it came with, as long as they
>worked properly.

I have had a traffic citation here in Oregon (where E-codes are now
legal) issued by Oregon State Police that was dismissed by the cops when
I presented the car (it was a Corvair) for police inspection with the
offending headlights  replaced -- of course I went back home and changed
them right back -- many years ago, I admit.

It *can* happen.

Bill