<VV> - illegal lights in Corvairs

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 14:45:12 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/26/06 2:25:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, tonyu at roava.net
writes:
I noticed that yesterday while I was being followed by the '67 500
coupe that its headlights were rather yellowish and not as bright as
the rest of the  headlights out there.
Tony,
    FIRST, check that the voltage fed to the lights is around 14 volts.  If
it's much under that, the lighting will appear yellowish.  If you're still
using a stock mechanical type voltage regulator, the system voltage can be
anywhere from 12 to 16+ depending on the condition of the points in the regulator.
If the voltage is too far above 14.5 then the bulbs will burn brightly, but not
too long as the life of the filaments is shortened.
    Frank "using halogen bulbs" Burkhard