<VV> Re: Car Update Gruppe Red 4+yrs

vair65 at netzero.com vair65 at netzero.com
Fri Jan 27 22:31:40 EST 2006

Update to group red status on the Rampy, 65 Monzavert, and other air cooled cars.
If you were to check out my group red page you would see the above listed cars.  I am happy to report that the littlest car in the bunch was returned to the concrete strip well over a year ago.  This did free up a set of axle stands.  This car received a complete overhaul on the front and rear suspension.  The front suspension received a welded in support for the cross member.  She was painted a nice fire engine red.  The engine gets swapped out each time a new driver takes over.  Nothing like an engine tuned for the driver.  Currently has two drivers with a third coming up fast, still working on getting her engine ready.
The Monzavert received the drive train from the parts vert. no further progress to report there.
The Rampside has had her engine fired up, still needing fine tunning.  The current project is rebuilding the rear suspension.  Crossmember and control arms are ready for clean up and paint, axles are ready to be cleaned, bearings checked and packed.
All current work is on hold now.  Work and medical conditions have post poned any work on vairs for awhile.
Keith Hammett
'62 Rampside
'65 Monzavert
'72 Firechief peddle car (3 girls share)