<VV> CAR UPDATES???

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Jan 29 14:23:07 EST 2006

I have definitely been managing to stay out of trouble...

Duanne Luckow and I have been whittling away the punch list for my blue '66
Corsa turbo convertible. Yes, even a car that gets on the cover of the
Communique has things to be improved!

I recently fixed the passenger side window travel on my white '66 500 coupe
by swapping one of the tracks for one in better condition. All it takes is a
little bump in the channel fabric to cause the window to hang up. (Thanks to
Pat Olson for showing me how to tell where the problem was.) I also
installed door lock knob inserts (the circular clear plastic pieces). Oh
yeah, I also put in a new grommet for where the antenna lead and windshield
wiper wires pass into the trunk.

Jim Brossard, Zoltan Szilagyi, and I overhauled the shift linkage and front
transmission mounts in my yellow '66 Corsa 140 convertible. I emailed
you-all about this a few times when this was being done--3-4 months ago now.
I also installed one of the antenna grommets in this car.

I overhauled my '64 Rampside's clutch linkage and replaced a lot of worn out
and incorrect parts. I emailed you-all about that too, as well as the
Corvanatics folks.

As far as what else is going on in my shop, Zoltan has his '66 Monza
convertible on the lift. He red-did the front brakes and is starting on the
rears. He also greased the front wheel bearings. Jim Acker also has been
media-blasting some rear suspension components for his V-8 project car.

--Kent