<VV> Pilot Cars

David A Newell chevrobilia at juno.com
Sun Jan 29 14:54:19 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm glad you enjoyed the article! It sounds like you have a very special
car, though by the build date it couldn't have been a production pilot
built along with the last '65 Vairs at the Van Nuys plant.

But CORSA's guru for tracking pilot cars and expert on how to identify
them, Dave Trull, would love to hear from you. He even owns a couple of
'66 pilot cars, which are generally identified by "Pilot #XX" on the Body
Plate, no build date, and all the options listed by RPO number, rather
than by single letter codes, on the body plate.

Dave should be happy to fill you in on more details:

thebigwave at comcast.net

Dave Newell

i just received my feb.issue communique and their is a great artical
about pilot cars by dave newell and after reading it i had rememberd that
one of my corvairs had a low #. so i wondered could it be a production
pilot that he describes in his artical? my question is is their any way
to tell?
my vin:105376L100018
           09A
           ST 66-10537 LOS   6  body>