<VV> Progress reports

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 22:12:36 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/29/2006 9:52:59 A.M. Central Standard Time,
UltraMonzaWest at aol.com writes:

GEE!  I hope I'm not the ONLY  one  interested......

Matt,

I've been giving regular updates on my sedan project. Where have you
been?(G)...

Anyhow, the sedan project is progressing very well. Today, I wrapped up the
tunnel, so to speak, installed the new tires. I also put the perimeter seal
on,  always a fun job. Reinstalled the front bench set with Terry help. We had
to shuffle some car to get the sedan out for my first drive in the car.
Fortunately, it was about 60, because the rear window is still not in. The car
runs very well and the new brake system works great. The ride was also very
good, the car only has 30000 miles after all. The car didn't accelerate very
well. I figured it was just the fact that it's a 95 HP. The top speed was just
about 75 MPH. When I returned to the shop, Terry suggested that we check the
timing, since it hadn't been adjusted yet. Well, that made the acceleration much
 better, the top speed is somewhere above 88 MPH. The car doesn't have a
front  spoiler, yet. The steering starts to get light around 55-60. As the speed
increase, the front end gets lighter. By the time we were going 85 or so the
front end was very susceptible to cross winds. I didn't want to crash on the
first day, so I slowed down.

So, the work that remains includes the rear window and I still need to
finish installing the missing heater hoses. Once that's done I'll tackle the  DMV,
see this car doesn't have a title. Finally, when the paperwork is
straightened out I'll be driving this gem to work everyday. I'll also continue  restoring
it as I drive. Well, not exactly, I won't be restoring the car while  I'll
driving it down the road, but you know what I mean...

Matt, I hope that helps the groups average...

Ned