<VV> Re: B-J

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:55:59 EST 2006

11 mpg? I only get 3 to 4 mpg in my goat. I am not "selective" about how
often it gets driven, it pretty much does not get driven. Three or four
times a year I'll take it out, burn half a tank going to a local show and
back, then back under the cover. That's one of the reasons I got the Corvair
out of the back forty for restoration, so I can go a on a road trip or two
with the club without breaking the bank.

PS: in case you are wondering why 3-4 mpg, the car was my dad's race car
back in the day. 389 bored +060, tri-power with 72 jets center and 68 on the
ends, M21 close-ratio, and 4.88 gears with 235/60-15 tires (that's the big
killer of mileage). It used to be worse, but the engine has been detuned for
street driving.