<VV> Rebuilt PG installation

Sandra Sheppard seafire at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jan 30 19:19:21 EST 2006

I was just about ready to slide the drive train back into my convertible when I found an underlined paragraph on page 7-53 in the 65 shop manual (Canadian version) that caught me by surprise. It mentions the need to determine the required thickness of spacers for the rear selective thrust washer at the govenor gear location when reattaching PG to differential. The procedure descibed on page 4-7 seems pretty involved, is there any other way to verify the required clearance; or do I even need to worry about this?
Graham Sheppard
69convertible.