<VV> 61 Rampside

Rex Chivers rchivers at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 20:05:17 EST 2006

I have recently brought home a 61 Rampside that has sat in a barn since 1968.  I figure best to start with the wheels/brakes & suspension.  After about 3 hours of struggles I have gotten the passengers wheel and brake drum off.  I removed the shoes and springs and am attempting to get the wheel cylinder off.  It is being stubborn, the manual says that the bolt is torqued between and 60 and 80 ft lbs.  I am thinking that the next plan of attack should be to heat the bolt and try to break it loose while hot.  The pistons are frozen in the bore, I have managed to get the flex hose out.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Rex-
65 Vert (daily driver)
61 Rampside (project)