<VV> RE: Caged nut repair

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Jan 31 15:30:20 EST 2006

Don't bother repairing the caged nut. Just use a good nut and washer.
Should be easy to get to with the tank out. Stainless nut would last
forever.
Gary Swiatowy

From: Kirk Eck <kc_eck at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: <VV> Caged Nuts

While rebuilding my front end, I broke two of the cages that hold the nuts
that hold up the front end, both on the passanger side.  I gather these are
important or they wouldn't be there.  My question is how do I repair these
cages, even if I could weld (which i can't) I don't think I could get to
them to weld them.  I have removed the gas tank which allows me to see the
general area, anybody have any creative ideas for repairing this?

  Kirk Eck
  66 Monza Vert