<VV> What the Heck are Those Things?

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 3 21:57:39 EDT 2006

>From what I've learned from this list, the fronts dampers are "must haves".
Otherwise you get significant cowl shake over bumps. The rears, I believe,
are optional. Since I had my car painted I have left the rear canisters out
and have observed no significant difference from what I remember from
before.

Of course if you  are going for a stock restoration, you want all four
canisters. If not, you can realize a significant weight savings by leaving
the rears out and the rear of a Corvair is the best place to lose weight.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert