<VV> Cigar Lighter Wiring?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jul 3 23:47:04 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/3/2006 7:18:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
minoxphotographer at yahoo.com writes:

Is it really as simple as
just runing a wire from this terminal to the one  on the lighter?  Seems
to simple. I assume that that terminal is fused  somewhere in the car
already? Or do I need a power line with an inline  fuse?

No, it isn't fused, since the lighter would instantly melt the fuse. But if
you want to use it just to charge stuff, I would, indeed, add a fuse to the
feed. And yes, it runs from that connector to the middle contact in the
lighter.  Pick a circuit breaker value that will allow charging, but trip with an
actual  cigar lighter - Hey, smoking is bad for you anyway! <grin> -  Seth