<VV> Early Alternator Wiring

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 02:16:47 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/5/2006 6:56:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
geoffj at unm.edu writes:

So what  have others used
to hold the junction of wires on the "B" terminal that now  is the sole
function of the regulator? Want it to look good, and of course,  be secure
and reliable.

Geoff,
I went to an electronics supply store and bought a plastic block that has a
machine screw in the middle of it to tie the three wires together.  I then
anchor the block to the frame of the engine compartment right next to the front
corner of the battery.  I anchor the block with a machine screw through the
block.  You need to drill and tap the frame to accept the machine  screw.  I
found the blocks are available with one or two terminal screws,  tied together
(my favorite) or with only one screw.  Makes for a very clean  and safe hook
up.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair  Club