<VV> Re: re;thermister

Wade Halsey hihal at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 6 18:50:38 EDT 2006

Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:
> This is how I test them (with a second thermometer as well)  and then
> plot them on the graph Matt has posted. Every one I have tested has
> plotted on the line.  They are pretty accurate in my opinion, it is the
> gauges that have the problems.
> -Geoff Johnson

I checked my gauge by running a wire from the thermister terminal on the back of the gauge
through an instrument panel bulb (#1445) to ground. On my car this gives a fixed reading of
slightly higher than 500 degrees. About one needle width higher actually. I would be interested
in comparing my readings to others using this method so we can see how much variance there is
between individual gauges.

Wade Halsey
69 Monza with Corsa gauges