<VV> Lukewarm starting problem

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jul 7 00:53:47 EDT 2006

If the bowl is empty, the problem is fuel delivery. Typically this is
vapor lock, even in turbos (just as it is with the 68/69 with the return
fuel lines too). You say the front lines have been replaced, that just
leaves the one over the rear axle. Change it too just to be sure there
is no air sucking here.

For test purposes, you can temporarily install an electric fuel pump
where the front hose comes off the sending unit and see if the problem
goes away.

A new mechanical pump may cure vapor lock.

More suggestions from other people?

If the bowl has fuel in it, then the fuel delivery is probably OK, look
elesewhere. Pull the coil wire and hold it near the shroud while someone
cranks the engine. Should get a bright blue spark.

Frank DuVal