<VV> #4 misfire, exhaust 'spit'

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Sat Jul 8 14:03:42 EDT 2006

. Oh yeah, the #4 spark plug did not appear like it was firing (others are a
bit sooty, this one is too clean) when I pulled it. Compression is 150 +.

I would suspect a head gasket more if the compression was lower.  Aleaking
head gasket does make a noticeable and distinctive "spit"...don't ask me how
I know this, but it's the same reason I know that the right head will come
off a 64 without taking the engine out of the car.

Mike Ioanes
spent a little time under the back of my 64