<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 26

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 21:20:26 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/8/2006 3:53:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

>  > Can plugs with a high heat range cause pinging in a turbo 180? I
>  > bought new plugs @ NAPA (only ones they had) & when the engine  heats
> > up I get pinging under load when the turbo kicks in.Not  when cold,
> > though. Never had the problem with the old AC plugs.  Can switching to
> > a cooler plug stop the pinging? Running 91  octane, new plugs, timing

If lower than Denver you should be running 93  octane. Bosch W8AC plugs are
plentiful (at least here), cheap,  and  do not ping in mine. Any chance the
timing is not retarding under boost or  the mixture is leaning out ?

Padgett

In Los Angeles we WISH we had 93 octane; 91 is the best available.   W8AC
Plugs work just fine.
Scotty