gas price (again!), was: <VV> Octane Availability

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sun Jul 9 10:28:09 EDT 2006

Taxes are the main difference (so simple greed is the real answer), but
you also have seasonally dependent "boutique blends" decreed by state
and local Governments... and that drives the price up even further. Most
places would see a dramatic price reduction (and better supply) if only
"standard" blends were required.

I hardly even look at the "standard 87 octane" price any more. Other
than my rarely-driven Suburban, everything else drinks the good stuff...

Bill