<VV> Calling all Canadian-built Corvairs

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Jul 9 16:51:37 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

If you are on the fence about attending the Canadian-built Corvair show on
Sunday, July 23 in Oshawa, ON (two weeks from today!), I have some great
news that should help prod you in the "Yes" direction. With the help of Dave
Newell, I have managed to track down the three former GM Canada employees
who are directly responsible for the rescue and availability of the
production records for the vehicles built there, Corvairs included of
course. The work they started lives on as the Vintage Vehicle Services
department of GM Canada.

All three of these folks are planning to attend. This is a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend time with three fellows who are very
important to the history of our beloved cars.

Also, we are working on advertising the show to current and former GM Canada
employees through Oshawa-area media and GM Canada communication channels.
And the mayor of Oshawa, CORSA Ontario's very own John Gray, has proclaimed
this day "Corvair Day", which will help raise the event's visibility.

Here's the official blurb on the event:

This year, 2006, the annual CORSA International Convention is truly
international, with activities and attractions both in the US and in Canada.
These events include the Corvair Car Show in Oshawa, ON, on July 23 and a
track day at Mosport in Bowmansville, ON, on July 24.

Sunday, July 23, 2006
=====================
"Corvair Day" in Oshawa, ON
Preliminary event to the Buffalo-Niagara Falls CORSA Convention

Event held at:
Holiday Inn Oshawa
1011 Bloor St. E
Oshawa, ON
(905) 576-5101
This is directly across the street from the GM Canada plant.

Sunday Schedule:
* City Welcome to "Corvair Days": 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
* Canadian Made Corvair Show: 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
* Drivers' Workshop for Monday track event: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM

Monday, July 24, 2006
NorthEast Corvair Council Time Trials at Mosport International Raceway,
Bowmansville, ON

Thanks,

--Kent