<VV> Higher Octane Fuel

mmcguire at hiwaay.net mmcguire at hiwaay.net
Sun Jul 9 17:45:04 EDT 2006

Phil,
    Also don't use leaded fuel in any car that has an  O2 sensor (either
narrow or wideband) in the exhaust since the lead will soon  poison the sensor.
    Frank Burkhard

Phil and Frank,

I think Av gas has a bunch of additives which you probably don't want.   You can get super blue racing gas
and there is also an unleaded version- the unlead version is EXPENSIVE.  I think my friend was paying $6
or better a gallon for 105 unleaded in his GNX.  Guess 750 hp out of 3.8 liters needs a bit more octane.

You might see if there is a sunnco in your area.  They blend 6 different octanes at the pump from 2 types
of fuel- read something about the cost of the fancy pumps.

Michael