<VV> Diff case/carrier

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 11:44:12 EDT 2006

According to the GM drawings I have here, the CASE is the part the ring gear
bolts to and where the spider gears live.  The CARRIER is the big part with
the tin cover on top.
Also to further complicate the swapping of parts, the distance from U-joint
to U-joint on an early is less than the same measurement on lates.  You can
not use late stub axles on an early or early stub axles on a late.  The late
CASE with COVER is almost an inch wider than an early.
I recall the instructions on a 4-spider beef-a-diff kit say you have to
hacksaw off about a half inch of the case to use on an early car.
Clark Hartzel, CPF Curator