Improving Turbo Mileage Re: <VV> Gas Prices

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 14:36:41 EDT 2006

Bill,
    On local driving that's quite normal.  I was  also getting 18 mpg on my
daily drive back and forth to work until I installed  vacuum advance on the
distributor.  That change alone increased the mileage  on that same trip to 22
mpg, an improvement of over 20%.  For details see  the chapter on Turbocharging
in the Corvair Basics Manual.
    Of course if you do this your Spyder will no longer  be exactly as it
came from the factory.<GGGG>
    Frank "stock is a good BEGINNING" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/10/2006 2:29:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,