<VV> head removeal

pete pwilhelm2 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 10 15:18:41 EDT 2006

Thanks for all the input. With all the great suggestions,I finally got the head off.It was necessary to remove the carb studs.It was a tight fit,as the carb mounting block was against the engine sheet metal frame as I pulled it out. I was concerned that I would bend the studs.
  I wonder when I will loose my "rookie" status? Still have lots to learn about these Corvairs,so the nick name is probably safe for a while yet.
    I really appreciate all the help I have received in the last couple of months. I could not of done some of these repairs with out this web site.
         Thanks   "Rookie Pete"