<VV> Interior Installation Tips

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jul 10 21:56:00 EDT 2006

Hi,
A lot of standard stuff, like cut after measuring.  The Clarks carpet fits
very nicely indeed.   Remove the shifter if its a standard.  Remove the
seats.  Work slowly and make sure it does not shift while installing
before making a cut.  I found it best to make a lot of small cuts to make
fitment right.  The kick panels are the hardest to do.  I just cut
it so it is about 1/2 inch longer then the edge of the panel, and
then tuck it under.  Overall it
really is a pretty simple task that just takes patience.  For holes for
seatbelts etc, I use a heated poker to melt the holes, rather then cut
ones that may fray.    Be carefull there
though.  Extremely!  And I heat the poker far from the car.   Here are
some pictures from when I did mine:

http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Vair/Coronado/New-Carpet/

For a headliner, get ready to swear alot.  Same thing, move slowly make
lots of little trims to make sure you don't cut to far.  Move from the
center out as you spread the headliner and tack it down.  Start at the
back and work forward.

Many may say take it to a shop, but its hard to beat the satisfaction of
having done it yourself.

Hope that helps,
Geoff Johnson