<VV> Cylinder stuck in block (thrown rod)

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 23:08:31 EDT 2006

I have pulled the engine from the 63 convertible that I started working  on recently. I pretty much have all the parts for a rebuild on the  original 80hp motor, but I am replacing the heads, cam and distributor  to make it into a 102hp.

  The #2 cylinder has a thrown rod, which has caused the jug to be stuck  in the block. It doesn't look too bad, compared to some I've seen. But  I've never tried to reuse a block like this before. Is it feasible to  try and remove the jug, or would I be better off just getting another  block. (and if that is the case...anyone have an early block they can  part with?)
  David Fasgold
  Medicine Lodge, KS